Today I eventually finished two of the many UFOs hiding in my boxes and cupboards. Yeah! 🙂
My son’s school is going to celebrate carnival next week, so I was looking for some fabrics for a pirate costume. While digging through my stashs I found a tee that I had begun to sew for my son two (?) years ago. After I stopped hitting myself on the forehead in deep, deep shame, I finished the tee. Of course it is way to tight and short for my son but I will keep it for son number two.
Next UFO were my son’s sweatpants which have become too short but not too tight. So I cut a few inches off of each trouser leg and hemmed them afterwards. Both my children have the habit to grow in length but not that much in width. My daughter had a pair of sweatpants that she wore from the age of three to the age of seven. Of course that doesn’t work with jeans or any other non-elastic clothing as they might be slender kids but not extraterrestrials (speaking of UFOs).
I also did cut more of the fabrics for my daughter’s blanket and will continue working on it when I have finished the costume for my son.
So, have a nice day.
Ok, here we go. This post is kind of a confession.
I am steadily creating a mess in my sewing room (and in my head but that’s ok, it’s always been messy up there). I start project after project, trying a new block pattern here, cutting fabrics/charms/triangles/whatever for a new blanket/cushion/don’t-know-what-it’s-gonna-be-in-the-end, and losing interest after an afternoon spent on that. Actually, I don’t lose interest in the current project it’s more that the new project is more interesting. And ideas for new projects pop up in my head like every hour (or minute).
That being said, here is the proof of the area of my brain that’s responsible for sewing doing the ping-pong:
These are two of four parts of a quilt block. I love the colours and the space fabric and I wanted to try the foundation piecing pattern. As you can see I did try and there are at least two parts waiting to get stiched together.
The next picture is a work-in-progress picture. On the left you can see the pattern, on the right you can see that I have failed in putting the pieces together. And the dark blue part is too small.
Next picture shows a pair of knee-long trousers for my son. I used black jersey (obviously) and striped jersey (I think it’s a left over from an old tee of me) for the waist and the legs. I’ll try to take a picture with the boy wearing the trousers. He likes them as they are really comfortable. – That’s actually a project I did finish. Ha! There’s still hope for me.
Next two pictures show (one of) my next project(s): A quilt for my friend. The colours are very light – blue, mint green, grey and pink – with flower prints and stars, stripes and dots.
Last but not least: The most current project I have started. It’s going to be a quilt for my daughter:
But rest assured: One day I will finish all of the projects mentioned above (and the blanket for my mother-in-law, which I am working on constantly. Promise).